Airship is a creative design and custom development company that delivers high-quality software solutions companies can rely on to turn ideas into reality. We are a remote-first company with a passion for creating incredible experiences and having fun while doing it! We encourage and support one another and we always strive to pursue excellence and provide value in all that we do. (Check out the Airship Story here!)
We care deeply about understanding our customers — from their business goals to their users’ needs — to make our partnership and software solutions as wildly successful as possible.
We are looking for a Mid-to-Senior Level Product Designer who desires to create amazing, thoughtful experiences for our clients while passionately striving to understand their problems and goals, as well as those of their users. The ideal candidate will be a lifelong learner who loves not only designing delightful experiences both for web and mobile platforms but who also desires to be a thought leader in the design world.
- Creative Problem-Solving
- Get-Things-Done Attitude
We build experiences that create transformational change for our crew, our clients, and the communities we serve.
If you ____, we want to hear from you!
- Seek to continuously learn and grow in this field
- Are passionate about best practices surrounding UI and product design
- Love solving problems and brainstorming with crew-mates and clients
- Find yourself regularly analyzing and thinking about ways to improve UX for everyday products as you use them
- Are always looking for ways to improve a product or process
- Value transparency and clarity in a work environment
- Are comfortable articulating your design decisions to clients and crew-mates when needed
- Are confident leading discovery and brainstorming sessions with new clients and teams, both in-person or remote
Your skills ideally include the following:
- In-depth understanding of the lifecycle of a product from idea to launch
- Creating and leading usability studies and research efforts with actual customers
- Evaluating and interpreting data from usability studies, market and user research, then making recommendations on how to use that information to improve the experience
- Experience in leading discovery and brainstorming sessions in a team (ideally, agency) environment
- Proven experience in creating wireframes both by hand (sketching and/or whiteboarding) and using tools such as Whimsical, Figma, Axure, Balsamic, etc..
- Deep level of comfort with design tools such as Sketch and Pixelmator
- Ability to provide a portfolio with examples of design work and case study details outlining your process with various projects
- Experience pairing with builders (developers)
- Solid understanding of how modern technologies are used and impact design (CSS, React, etc)
- Experience using (and preferably designing) simple style guides
- Confidence when speaking about design decisions and defending those decisions
Airship is a group of passionate problem-solvers that values client and user experiences just as much as the software, wireflows, and high fidelity designs we produce. Our crew is a close-knit team spread across 6 states: we hold each other accountable, challenge ourselves to pursue excellence in everything we do, and are intentional about making work/home life harmonious.
Ready to come aboard? Let’s make this happen, Capn’! Apply below and be on the lookout for a reply email with more instructions.