Airship designs, builds, and maintains custom software solutions that companies can rely on to turn ideas into reality. We build web and mobile applications engineered to optimize our clients’ businesses.
We care deeply about understanding the needs of our clients both in terms of their business goals as well as the needs of their customers.
We are looking for a Product Designer in the Birmingham, Alabama area who desires to create amazing, thoughtful experiences for our customers while passionately striving to understand their problems and goals as well as those of their customers.
The ideal candidate will be a lifelong learner who loves not only designing delightful experiences both for web and mobile platforms, but who also desires to be a thought leader in the design world.
We want to hear from you if you:
- Seek to continuously learn and grow in this field
- Are passionate about best practices surrounding UI and product design
- Love solving problems and brainstorming with teammates and clients
- Find yourself regularly analyzing and thinking about ways to improve UX for every day products as you use them
- Are always looking for ways to improve a product or process
- Value transparency and clarity in a work environment
- Are comfortable articulating your design decisions to clients and teammates when needed
- Are confident leading discovery and brainstorming sessions with new clients and teams, both in person or remote (if needed)
- Enjoy free-lunch Fridays!
Your skills ideally include:
- In-depth understanding of the lifecycle of a product from idea to launch
- Creating and leading usability studies and research efforts with actual customers
- Evaluating and interpreting data from usability studies, market and user research, then making recommendations on how to use that information to improve the experience
- Experience in leading discovery and brainstorming sessions in a team (ideally, agency) environment
- Proven experience in creating wireframes both by hand (sketching and/or whiteboarding) and using tools such as Whimsical, Figma, Axure, Balsamic, etc.
- Deep level of comfort with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Pixelmator
- Ability to provide a portfolio with examples of design work and case study details outlining your process with various projects
- Experience pairing with developers when needed
- Solid understanding of how modern technologies are used within and impact design (CSS, React, etc)
- Experience using (and preferably designing) simple style guides
- Confidence when speaking about design decisions and defending those decisions, if necessary
Airship is a remote-first company with a deep passion for creating incredible experiences and having fun while doing it! We encourage and support one another. And we always strive to provide excellence in all that we do. Let’s make this happen, Capn’!
To apply for this position, please complete the form below and submit. While we are a fully remote company, at this time we’re looking for candidates from the Birmingham, Alabama area.