Airship is a creative design and custom development company that delivers high-quality software solutions companies can rely on to turn ideas into reality. We are a remote-first company with a passion for creating incredible experiences and having fun while doing it! We encourage and support one another and we always strive to pursue excellence and provide value in all that we do. (Check out the Airship Story here!)
We care deeply about understanding our customers — from their business goals to their users’ needs — to make our partnership and software solutions as wildly successful as possible.
We care deeply about wowing our customers with beautiful, well thought-out animations and graphics that they’ll want to show their friends.
We are looking for a Senior Visual Designer who desires to create amazing, thoughtful experiences for our customers. The ideal candidate will be a lifelong learner who loves not only designing delightful experiences both for web and mobile platforms, but who also desires to be a thought leader in the design world. U.S.-based applicant only, please!
- Creative Problem Solving
- Get Things Done Attitude
We build experiences that create transformational change for our crew, our clients, and the communities we serve.
We want to hear from you if…
- You’ve had at least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- You seek to continuously learn and grow in this field
- You are passionate about best practices surrounding UI and product design
- You love solving problems and brainstorming with teammates and clients
- You find yourself regularly analyzing and thinking about ways to improve the UI of everything you come across
- You are always looking for ways to improve a product or process
- You value transparency and clarity in a work environment
- You are comfortable articulating your design decisions to clients and teammates when needed
- You are comfortable pairing with developer to ensure your designs are delivered with excellence
- You enjoy free-lunch Fridays!
Your skills ideally include:
- Proven track record for delivering exceptional, Dribbble-worthy designs
- Proven experience in creating and communicating a wide range of UX design deliverables, including (but not limited to) wireframes (by hand and digitally in tools such as Figma, Whimsical, Axure, etc), flowcharts, style guides, design elements / assets libraries, visual brand languages, and prototypes.
- User-first mentality when designing products, experiences and services
- Familiarity with latest IOS and Android UI guidelines
- Deep level of comfort with design tools such as Sketch, Pixelmator
- Ability to provide a portfolio with examples of design work and case study details outlining your process with various projects
- Must be able to identify opportunities and elaborate on how design can be thoughtfully applied to aid in achieving business goals and user needs
- Advocate for useful, usable, and desirable user experiences with the ability to articulate both user experience issues and concerns
- This role requires staying up-to-date with emerging design and experience trends in order to both experiment and implement our brand and desired features / functions to meet or exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Experience pairing with developers when needed
- Solid understanding of how modern technologies are used within and impact design (CSS, React, etc)
Airship is a group of passionate problem-solvers that values client and user experiences just as much as the software, wireflows, and high fidelity designs we produce. Our crew is a close-knit team spread across 5 states: we hold each other accountable, challenge ourselves to pursue excellence in everything we do, and are intentional about making work/home life harmonious.
Ready to come aboard? Let’s make this happen, Capn’! Apply below and be on the lookout for a reply email with more instructions.
U.S.-based applicant only, please!