Angel Eye is an Internet-based camera system and application that uses live video streaming and direct, one-way audio to help parents and families connect with their babies in the NICU from their desktops, tablets or smartphones. Airship was tasked with implementing some much-needed application feature enhancements in order to provide an exceptional experience for the parents, families, and caregivers of the critically ill children Angel Eye serves.
Angel Eye was in need of a strategic partner to help them reach the next level of growth. They saw an opportunity for Airship to build out feature enhancements, provide insights into the current application, use our expert-level skills in Ruby on Rails to enhance functionality, complete a full code audit, and implement secure, best practices for their application. Improving the user experience and streamlining processes were key to making the communications platform easier to use for everyone – the parents/families (end users), the hospitals (clients), and Angel Eye (the busy entrepreneurs).
I WISH we would have found you when we first started our re-write… I would have saved literally 10’s of thousands of dollars (if not hundreds of thousands) working with you from the beginning. You guys are doing a great job and it’s been a pleasure working with your team.
Justin French, Director of IT Services
- Upgrade frameworks to the most secure, fully supported frameworks possible
- Build endpoint within web application to receive HL7 messages, which include data for admissions, bed changes, and discharges
- Architect secure account management infrastructure that aligns with hospital standards and practices
- Architect file system infrastructure to more efficiently manage patient education materials/resources
- Implement a simple question/answer loop for customer feedback that Angel Eye can quickly manage
- Improve code base for future builds using best practices and documentation
- SAML authentication
- Ruby on Rails
- Rspec and Capybara
- Cancan and Rolify