Iron Tribe is Birmingham-born, community-focused health club. The goal of this project was to provide an elegant and easy-to-use mobile app to engage members, known as athletes, and enhance the overall Iron Tribe experience.
What started out as a local gym in 2010 in Homewood, AL, quickly became one of the fastest growing franchises in the U.S. – landing Iron Tribe a spot on Entrepreneur’s 2017 Top 100 New Franchises list. Today, Iron Tribe has more than 7,000 athletes, locations across 11 states and 8 corporately-owned stores. They knew the right technology would play a crucial role in member engagement. Because community is so important to the Iron Tribe family, they needed a custom solution focused on improving the member experience.
Being founded and based in Birmingham, we’ve always tried to look local-first when it comes to improving the overall member experience. We’re proud to say that Airship has not only gone above and beyond in creating our new mobile app experience, but they’ve also joined us in the gym!
Forrest Walden, Founder and CEO
- Develop a new mobile app for Iron Tribe members (both iOS and Android compatible) with enhanced scheduling, account management, and social features
- Create clean, engaging UI designs that are easy-to-use and compelling to all athletes across all locations
- Provide athlete dashboard that includes upcoming and previous class summaries, user benchmarks, announcements, scheduling options, account details, leaderboard scores, and more
- Architect a solution that allows Iron Tribe members to “follow” each other within the app to compete and view workout stats
- Implement solutions to seamlessly rebuild the previous version of the app without going offline and integrate with third-party APIs
- React Native